About Us : Our Mission and Values
The Mission of Rocky Hill Co-Housing is to be a thriving community of neighbors, whose life together fosters connectedness, learning from each other and living lightly on the earth.
We value and strive toward:
- Supporting and nurturing each community member, from infant to elder, and treating each other with kindness, compassion and respect.
- Welcoming people of diverse identities, including race, ethnicity, spirituality, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family composition and socio-economic status.
- Building relationships and connections through daily interactions, community meals, activities, celebrations, rituals, work and helping one another.
- Raising children together in community.
- A decision-making process that builds consensus by soliciting and valuing input from all, ensuring that everyone is heard and resulting in decisions that everyone can agree to live by.
- Resolving conflicts through honest, direct and respectful communication.
- Giving our care, time and work to ourselves, our families and homes, our community at Rocky Hill, the wider community and the world.
- Improving our collective and individual stewardship of the earth and minimizing our impact on the planet.
- Creating and maintaining an emotional and physical environment that encourages and supports mutual concern and well-being.
Approved January 9, 2010
There are currently no houses for sale at Rocky Hill Cohousing.